Thursday, January 17, 2008

Lord of the Flies

So for english, we were required to read Lord of the Flies, by William Golding. And everyone was complaining because they hated the book so much. But personally? I liked it. Ever since i found out that my favorite t.v. show, Survivor, was based off of the movie, I was dying to read it. And it's not half bad as everyone in my school has been saying it is. When Ralph, Jack, Piggy and many other boys' plane goes down right over an island they are stranded and have to figure out ways to survive, get rescued, and "have fun". It is very well written and suprising. Every chapter ends in a cliff- hanger. It is very suprising how Golding reflects the ways people, especially young boys, can turn on each other so suddenly and how certain circumstances can turn even the best people into killers and savages. I'll tell you right now, I would not want to be stranded on an island with these boys. I reccomend this almost classic to any adventure reader.

No comments: