Thursday, August 5, 2010

Heat Wave

Okay, I am a huge fan of the ABC show "Castle." I absolutely L.O.V.E it! So when I found out that the book Castle was writing, actually came out, I really wanted to read it, (infact, I'm watching reruns right now). And when we stumbled across it in Barnes and Noble, I waited for my Aunt to finish reading it so I can. Then, I was too busy and didn't get to buckle down and read it until after I finished my terrible summer assignment on "Tortilla Curtain." I don't want to talk about it.
Anyway, I read Heat Wave, which was a fairly good novel, despite a few grammar informalities and false advertising of many crimes (the inside cover advertised all of these different crimes, and then the book only focuses on one case), it was good. NYPD Detective Nikki Heat is saddled with award-winning journalist Jameson Rook for ride-along research. As the crime intensifies, Rook and Heat fight, kid and... flirt. Of course, I liked just reading it for the sake of reading it. However, the mystery did build suspense for me, as a murder-mystery should! If you are a fan of the show, I definitely recommend reading it!

No comments: